If you are a CISO, a CIO, risk and compliance officer, or a Microsoft 365 administrator, you would have felt the pain of wading through the complex jungle of security and compliance features on the Microsoft 365 platform. Even as the pace of migration to Microsoft's productivity applications in the cloud accelerates, so do the challenges in securing your critical corporate data and maintaining compliance. To give you some context, here are some statistics that highlight the risk associated with managing customer data on Microsoft 365:
- In December 2020, a clever spear phishing campaign spoofed Microsoft.com to target 200 million Microsoft 365 users
- An independent analysis by a security vendor says a large portion of cloud attacks over the last one year were targeted at Microsoft 365 environments. 7 out of 10 respondents to this independent survey reported an average of 7 incidents of account takeover of a legitimate Microsoft 365 account
Many of us assume that Microsoft 365 provides all the tools to effectively manage our data in the cloud. However, the onus of protecting your data lies with you, the customer.
Security is seldom a siloed topic. If you as a customer suffer a data breach, it will most likely result in reporting this to a supervisory authority for compliance purposes. There are a string of examples of companies incurring heavy penalties after a breach as many of them had no recourse to retrieving the lost data after an attack. Before you settle for native compliance tools in Microsoft 365, consider the following questions:
- Can you quickly retrieve all the activity logs for reporting and assessment?
- Can you identify and restore all the data impacted in the event of a breach?
- Can you intelligently classify all the identities and data to the appropriate regulations that your organization is mandated to meet?
Join us in this webinar where we help you navigate some of the complexities surrounding Microsoft 365's native data protection capabilities. We will also show you how to protect your data from ransomware and malware and restore your data from a backup or to a point in time. We will demonstrate how you can automate all of your compliance monitoring to ensure that you stay continuously compliant and risk-free.