The pressure is on for the industry to deliver more open and interoperable optical networks. Projects including the Open ROADM Multi-Source Agreement, the Telecom Infra...
optical, optical, networks, roadm, telecom, optical, packet, transport, group, open, optical, open, networking, foundation, optical, interworking, forum, oif, network, operators, openness, open, optical, network, drivers
The pressure is on for the industry to deliver more open and interoperable optical networks. Projects including the Open ROADM Multi-Source Agreement, the Telecom Infra Project's Open Optical Packet Transport group, the Open Networking Foundation (ONF) and Optical Interworking Forum (OIF) are exploring the way forward. But are network operators ready and willing to trade off performance for openness? Join this webinar to learn more about the opportunities and challenges ahead.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Service providers, cable/MSOs, Internet content providers (ICPs), datacenter operators (DCOs), carrier neutral providers (CNPs) and enterprises.
KEY TOPICS FOR DISCUSSION
- Defining the open optical network
- Market drivers for open optical networks
- Key challenges ahead
- Deployment applications and use case studies
- Answers to audience questions during live Q&A
- Heidi Adams, Senior Research Director, Transport Networks, IHS Markit
- Scott Wilkinson, Ph.D., Senior Director, Portfolio Marketing, ECI Telecom
- Joe Mocerino, Principal Solutions Architect, Optical Networking, Fujitsu Network Communications, Inc.
- Allen Tatara, Manager, Webinar Events, IHS Markit (Moderator)